Keep Your Swimming Pool Water Looking Clear and Beautiful
Routine checkups should be included in your swimming pool maintenance schedule to keep your swimming pool water looking beautiful and clear. Your local pool retailer uses professional water testing equipment to determine which chemicals are needed to get your pool water off to the right start. Proper pool maintenance includes frequent poolside testing of the pool and spa water (DPD test kit recommended). This is your first line of defense in preventing common problems and protecting your family and pool or spa. Be sure to contact your local pool retailer if you have any questions or concerns regarding your pool maintenance schedule.
Twice A Week
- Use a water testing kit to check and maintain pH levels at 7.2 – 7.6.
- Monitor and maintain chlorine levels at 1.0 – 3.0 ppm.
- Empty skimmer baskets, skim leaves, insects and other debris from pool surface, and clean pool wall tile or vinyl at water line.
Once A Week
- Shock the pool with packaged shock treatment in the evening per label instructions. This treatment restores the sparkle and sheen to pool water as it destroys germs and burns away organic contaminants. Additional packaged shock treatment may be needed after a rainstorm, heavy bather load or exceptionally hot weather.
- The next morning, add a maintenance dose of algaecide.
Once a Month
Take a water sample to your local pool retailer, for a complete water analysis. Be sure to test these levels:
- Calcium hardness
- Clean your filter with a filter cleaner to remove any oils and grease that may have accumulated in your filter.
- Always seek the advice of a pool professional, your local pool retailer, regarding any special or unusual problems.
Trackback from your site.